Safinah was proud to support the European Environmental Ports Conference 2018 held over 16th-17th May in Antwerp, Belgium.
The Safinah Team attended the event which brought together senior representatives from the global port community and shipping companies, as well as environmental policy-makers, academic experts, consultants, and technology providers. Over the two day conference the key topics covered were:
- Maintaining Compliance and Keeping up with Environmental Legislation
- Tackling the Issue of Air Quality and Working Towards a Genuine Solution
- Onshore Power Supply: A Potential Solution to Pollution
- Improving Relationships with the Local Area
- Key Practices in Removing Waste from Ports
- Water Quality in Ports
- Alternative Approaches and Ideas to Make Ports Greener
- Environmental Strategies and Implementations Across all Sectors to Improve the Environment in Ports
Safinah used the event to introduce its new product PortShield, a web-based system that assesses the risk of hull-borne invasive aquatic species that a vessel poses prior to entry into Port. Read more about PortShield here.
To download the European Environmental Ports Conference 2018 agenda click the link below.