Professional Technical and Engineering Sector
Safinah is a unique consultancy operating globally with a deep knowledge across a diverse range of industry sectors. With its comprehensive understanding of client needs, it provides professional services and technical advice to its client base, which includes asset managers and owner/operators, fabricators and OEM’s, legal and insurance firms.
Safinah’s personnel have extensive knowledge in the management and delivery of engineering services for complex vessels. Our in-house team of Chartered Engineers is made up of individuals who have extensive prior experience within blue chip companies.
With demonstrable experience across the vessel lifecycle: newbuilding; conversion; repair and operation; we can offer a deep understanding of the multi-disciplinary technical issues involved in all phases from concept design to vessel upgrades and disposal.
With a significant portfolio of project experience and knowledge of all major National and International regulatory body requirements Safinah can ensure that our customers assets are developed and protected throughout their working life hence maximising availability and maintaining value.
By ensuring a comprehensive understanding of our customer’s needs and drawing upon our extensive knowledge of the marine industry we provide a unique approach to technical services. Safinah can provide a seamless addition to any execution team to ensure that critical technical and project interfaces are carefully managed and that all project stakeholders are satisfied. We can offer fast response times to enable target dates to be met.
Services provided in the professional technical and engineering sector
Safinah can advise on the following:
Technical and Engineering Delivery
- Developing of a basis of design, functional specification etc.
- Vessel concept development and selection
- Vessel optimisation studies
- Selection of equipment and integration engineering
- Review and critique of alternative third party designs
- Evaluation of operational and field data
- Selection of conversion candidate vessels
Client Engineering Services and Project Management
- Vessel inspection prior to purchase
- Shipyard audit, appraisal and selection
- HAZID and HAZOP Studies
- Attendance at factory tests, basin/sea trials, testing establishment etc.
- Classification and flag state coordination/management
- Design and drawing review/oversight/coordination
Work carried out has included
- Assessment of coating issues on Semi-Submersible
- Passive fire protection systems selection and installation
- Failure of insulation materials
- Assessment of insurance claim on offshore platforms
Download this page as a printable PDF by clicking the icon below.